WHY SHOULD I PAY EXTRA MONEY FOR PRIMARY CARE?
A subscription model like Kind Health Group’s limits the patient panel to a much small number of subscribing patients. Free of insurance restrictions and restraints, Kind Health Group can more freely and fully connect with patients to either try to prevent the avoidable medical problems, or to more effectively manage medical problems. Ideally, high-connection subscription practices can save patients money in the long term by more effectively managing care before illness, focusing on prevention and then better managing illness when it arrives.
WILL I HAVE A HARD TIME SCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS? WILL I HAVE LONG WAIT TIMES IN THE OFFICE? WILL I HAVE A HARD TIME COMMUNICATING WITH THE PRACTICE WHEN NEEDED?
No. Because this practice is serving a limited number of subscribing patients, by the mere size of the practice you will find it simple to schedule office visits or communicate quickly and easily with our practice.
IF I JOIN KIND CONNECTED CARE, DO I STILL NEED INSURANCE?
Yes. Kind Connected Care is NOT an insurance plan. Your membership fees cover primary care services and health coaching but don't cover major surgery or hospitalizations. In general, direct primary care concierge practices can pair well with high deductible health plans. We recommend you consult an insurance broker to decide what plan is best you.
WHAT IS DIRECT PRIMARY CARE CONCIERGE MEDICINE?
Both concierge medicine and direct primary care strive to improve the experience you have at the doctor’s office by making care more personal and taking more time to listen. We believe that a trusting relationship between you and your doctor is the key to better healthcare. Communication is at the center of care, not drugs or tests. The direct primary care model allows us to do what we love and do it well: spend time with patients to understand the root cause of their problems. The better we know you the better care we can give you.
AM I REALLY ABLE TO TEXT, CALL, VIDEO CHAT, AND EMAIL WITH MY DOCTOR ANYTIME JUST BY PAYING MY MEMBERSHIP FEE?
HOW DO I GET AN APPOINTMENT?
You can simply call, email or text us and we promptly respond. If you need an appointment you will be seen the same day or next day. Though you will have minimal waiting time in our office, we provide a friendly and comfortable environment where you always feel welcome and supported by everyone on our staff.
WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED IN MY MEMBERSHIP FEE?
COVERED SERVICES WITH KIND CONNECTED CARE MEMBERSHIP:
- Same day appointments Monday through Friday typically between 9-5pm. Your Kind Health Group provider will be available for after-hours visits on as needed basis if medically indicated. We will be available by email and telephone after office hours. Contact us by phone if there is an urgent problem. Our staff or answering service answer the phone 24 hours per day, every day of the year.
- Health Coaching
- a. In-person or virtual visits once month for up to one hour. May be done in office, on beach walk or at local grocery store.
- b.Messaging between visits as needed to provide support and accountability
- Organization and review of historic and outside medical records Use of electronic medical records to help keep Patient’s preventive services up to date and track referrals, labs, imaging reports until results are available
- To provide comprehensive primary care medicine via phone, portal messaging, and telemedicine. Not all conditions can be handled with these indirect methods and the Patient may be asked to make an in-person appointment.
Office care and minor procedures, as medically indicated:
• Dipstick urinalysis • Urine pregnancy test
• EKG with interpretation • Pap smears *
• Rapid strep test • Injections: Steroids, Antibiotics, Toradol, Vitamin B12
• Nebulizer treatment • IV fluids
• Stitches for cuts • Skin biopsies *
*Patient will be responsible for the laboratory fee for reading the sample
EXLCUDED, NON-COVERED SERVICES:
• Anything not specifically listed as a Covered Service shall be a non-covered service.
• Any health care services not performed on or within the premises of Kind Health Group, including emergency room visits, hospital stays, specialist care, imaging and labs, etc. • Vaccines/medications not listed above
• Medical tests not performed in the office (actual “reading” of pap smears for example) • Durable medical equipment (braces, splints, etc.) • Aesthetic services received at Kind Health Group are billed separately and not included in this membership.
HOW MUCH IS THE FEE?
$300 per month.
ARE ANY OF MY PRIVATE FEES HSA ELIGIBLE? OR CAN I USE FSA OR HRA FUNDS?
We recommend consultation with your tax expert, we are not tax experts. That said, we believe that the monthly subscription fee could be potentially eligible for HSA/FSA/HRA funding but you need to confer with your tax expert to confirm this. Please do not rely on our understanding but secure more formal guidance on that issue.
I DON'T SEE THE DOCTOR OFTEN, WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
We believe that having a trusting relationship with your primary doctor is important, even if you are healthy. We offer health coaching to help you continue to improve your health. Should you ever get sick, we will be there to guide you.
I HAVE MEDICARE, CAN I SIGN UP?
Absolutely! We believe that our services are highly valuable to Medicare-eligible people. Our model allows us more time to listen to you and to coordinate your care with your other providers and caregivers.
DO YOU ACCEPT PATIENTS WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS?
Yes. We accept patients without any limits on pre-existing conditions.
WHAT IF I DECIDE TO CANCEL?
If you decide to cancel, it's easy, you just let us know. We ask for 30 days cancellation notice.
DO YOU OFFER TELEHEALTH SERVICES?
Yes! We can always arrange for a secure video-chat if medically appropriate. If we can use our tele-health services to help save you a trip to the office, we most definitely will.
WHAT ABOUT SPECIALTY CARE?
The great thing about your primary doctor having more time, is that your we can solve more of your problems. In our model, we can manage most of your healthcare needs. We have long standing relationships with the top specialists and experts in our area and around the country. This extensive network and close collaboration allows our patients to receive more comprehensive care while avoiding unnecessary and inconvenient referrals to specialists. When specialty care is needed, we will communicate carefully and consistently with specialists to be sure you receive an appropriate consult.
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE?
Schedule a free consultation to see our practice is the right fit for you.
The next steps before meeting with the team is to fill out our Emotional Wellness Questionnaire. The Questionnaire only takes a few minutes to complete